Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Failed to render the following geometry faces: 4094, 5561

Jorge Antonio Mercado Alonso

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I have a problem when I try to mesh my model, even if I try to modify the boundary conditions...

the errors that appears are

Exception:
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
(rethrown as com.femlab.util.FlFatalException)
- Type: OutOfMemoryError

is my problem the memory of my computer?
how can I solve the error of the "geometry faces"?

1 Reply Last Post Mar 3, 2010, 1:30 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 3, 2010, 1:30 a.m. EST
Hi

Well first of all, when I get such error, it tells me that I have generally a very complex geometry, or something is wrong with it, so my first reaction is to identify the faces and check them carefully, as you index number is rather high I understand you have a very complex system, and unfortunately COMSOLhas no "goto Zoom in on face, edge point feature (COMSOL developpes here is something for you ;).

Then I wounder if these geometrical details are really relevant for my simulation and if there is some way to simplify the geometry to ease the procesing (de-featuring).

Finally, if the two above fails, I look into the startup file and try to give the Java part some more RAM, the easiest is in fact to run COMSOL in server - client mode, this doubles the java reserved RAM without having to tweak any setup files.

Have a look at the installation guide of COMSOL it tells you about the different modes of operation

Good luck
Ivar
Hi Well first of all, when I get such error, it tells me that I have generally a very complex geometry, or something is wrong with it, so my first reaction is to identify the faces and check them carefully, as you index number is rather high I understand you have a very complex system, and unfortunately COMSOLhas no "goto Zoom in on face, edge point feature (COMSOL developpes here is something for you ;). Then I wounder if these geometrical details are really relevant for my simulation and if there is some way to simplify the geometry to ease the procesing (de-featuring). Finally, if the two above fails, I look into the startup file and try to give the Java part some more RAM, the easiest is in fact to run COMSOL in server - client mode, this doubles the java reserved RAM without having to tweak any setup files. Have a look at the installation guide of COMSOL it tells you about the different modes of operation Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.