Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Failed to find consistent initial values?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I need to model a cylinder with hydrogen... r=.05 m and height = .5 cm I have modeled it as follows

1) Applied Navier Stokes Eqn. Initially the pressure is 3 atm in the cylinder.
2) At the outlet.. i have given a outflow condition as .01 m/s. The gas need to exit at this rate.
3) At the inlet.. I have given a inflow condition as a function of time .. Vin = (E-12*t^2 - 2E-08*t + 3E-05)/.089/22*7/(.05)^2 m/s

When i run this simple mass model i get the following error.

Error:
Time 0:
Failed to find consistent initial values.
Last time step is not converged.

Please help!

0 Replies Last Post Mar 23, 2010, 7:54 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Vishal Rajpurohit

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.