Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to add points on a sphere?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to build a geometry consisting of a sphere with nearly 500 point sources (using the Point Mass Source in the Transport of Diluted Species physics) located in the surface of the sphere. I need the point sources to be located in specific x,y,z coordinates (which I generate using an algorithm outside COMSOL). I am wondering if it is possible to add these points to a sphere geometry by giving its coordinates.

In summary, is it possible to create first an sphere, and then to add all the points such as edges and faces are then created on the sphere?

I know that the geometry can be created in a CAD program and then import it, but I need to create the geometry in COMSOL because I want to use the layer functionality in the geometry.

Thanks for your help.

0 Replies Last Post Dec 29, 2013, 9:45 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Gerardo Felix

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.