Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Calculating reflectance and trasmittance for an array of metal pillars

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am wondering if COMSOL has model examples to calculate reflectance and transmisttance for an array of metal pillars as a function of wavelength?

3 Replies Last Post Aug 20, 2009, 11:43 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 20, 2009, 10:47 a.m. EDT
Hi

you can use the power flow to calculate the reflection and transmission. but you have to define the boundary condition carefully

I think maybe there is no good model examples in the model library.

Regards
Hi you can use the power flow to calculate the reflection and transmission. but you have to define the boundary condition carefully I think maybe there is no good model examples in the model library. Regards

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 20, 2009, 11:16 a.m. EDT
Thanks Honghui! I am considering port boundary conditions but I cannot figure out how to define the port conditions other than the tab in boundary settings. Do you have any idea on how to do that?
Thanks Honghui! I am considering port boundary conditions but I cannot figure out how to define the port conditions other than the tab in boundary settings. Do you have any idea on how to do that?

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 20, 2009, 11:43 a.m. EDT
Hi

I don't know how your model exactly looks like, maybe you can upload a schematic figure.
but usually (is it RF module you use??) you can use the scattering boundary conditions for the boundarys where you want to calculate the reflection and transmision. for more correct, you can use PML to absorb the reflected and transmitted wave, (it is light or microwave?)

maybe you discribe your model more in detail, like which module you use, which application, geometry, etc, then I can look into it more clearly

Regards
Honghui
Hi I don't know how your model exactly looks like, maybe you can upload a schematic figure. but usually (is it RF module you use??) you can use the scattering boundary conditions for the boundarys where you want to calculate the reflection and transmision. for more correct, you can use PML to absorb the reflected and transmitted wave, (it is light or microwave?) maybe you discribe your model more in detail, like which module you use, which application, geometry, etc, then I can look into it more clearly Regards Honghui

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.