Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Boundary condition problem in comsol 3.5a

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
My problem has as follow: I have a transient model that solves the continuity equation coupled with the Poisson. The boundary condition for the Poisson equation is V0. But this boundary condition is calculated by the solution of a very simple circuit equation V0=Vsup-I*R. I is the current that arises from the solution of continuity and Poisson, R is the resistance and Vsup a constant voltage. How is it possible to introduce the boundary condition V0 in the Poisson?the problem is that in every step this BC changes. It is time dependent but it depend on the solution of my model (that includes the continuity and the Poisson...).
I would appreciate any suggestion

Liberis

0 Replies Last Post May 10, 2010, 11:07 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Liberis Papageorgiou

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.