Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Particle tracking in diffusion

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I'm completely new to Comsol. I'm not a mechanical engineering expert. I try to simulate particle tracing in a solution. Even though I can find out model simulation of it in fluid dynamics (Khan and Richardson force), I have no idea how to implement it in diffusion environment.

Simply, what I want to get helped is the equation of motion in diffusive environment like Khan and Richardson force.

If anyone has thought or simple model of it, please help me.

Thanks,
Spike

1 Reply Last Post Oct 22, 2010, 11:39 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Spike Wu

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 22, 2010, 11:39 a.m. EDT
Hi

You can solve Convection-Diffusion equation in the desired geometry. Then goto particle tracing tab in post-processing menu. Click on massless tab and you can define the driving mechanism from the drop-down menu (i.e. Total Flux). Hope this helps.
Hi You can solve Convection-Diffusion equation in the desired geometry. Then goto particle tracing tab in post-processing menu. Click on massless tab and you can define the driving mechanism from the drop-down menu (i.e. Total Flux). Hope this helps.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.