Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

What is the default treatment of interior boundary condition in COMSOL

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, Everybody,

Do you know what is the default treatment of interior boundary condition in COMSOL if you do not specify it in a multi-domain PDE model?

Is it set to continuity u1=u2 (or n*(u1-u2)=0) by default? or to higher order continuity by default?

Thanks a lot for sharing your knowledge.

Guodong

1 Reply Last Post Jun 1, 2010, 1:24 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 1, 2010, 1:24 a.m. EDT
Hi

You can check how continuity is defined by going into the "physics equations settings boundary settings" in V3.5 or by checking the "equations" (there is an option to turn them on in V4; and by checking the doc

I do not fully understand really what more you could need, or I'm I missing a point, thats is quickly done

Have fun Comsoling
Ivar
Hi You can check how continuity is defined by going into the "physics equations settings boundary settings" in V3.5 or by checking the "equations" (there is an option to turn them on in V4; and by checking the doc I do not fully understand really what more you could need, or I'm I missing a point, thats is quickly done Have fun Comsoling Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.