Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

3 point bending test

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hello,

i would liek to simulate a 3 ponit bending test with large deformations to varify some experiments and to achieve an effective Youngs modulus. Unfortunately forming the model seems to be very difficult. I have to use very large points (5 mm radius) for bending. The easiest way seems to be to use only the upper "point" for application of force and for the other two roles some kind of very stiff beams, which can rotate around the roleaxis, they stand for.

Even this simple approach doesnt work. Is there a tutorial for such a problem or anything else?

What kind of solver is able to solve that problem? I treid nearly everyone i could imagine.

hope, somebody can help me.

1 Reply Last Post Oct 11, 2010, 5:17 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 11, 2010, 5:17 a.m. EDT
hello again.

up to now i got some new hints for solving my problem. so there is only one little problem left. the thin layer who is bended penetrates the lower role. i dont know how to change this thing.

the comsol file is attached.
hello again. up to now i got some new hints for solving my problem. so there is only one little problem left. the thin layer who is bended penetrates the lower role. i dont know how to change this thing. the comsol file is attached.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.