Pipe Flow Module
Improvements to Pressure Drop Specifications in Pipe Flow Junctions
New pressure loss options for T-junctions are available and two new junction types have been added: Y-junctions and n-way junctions. The full list of updates:
- T-junctions, bends, and valves now have the option to specify pressure drops with an arbitrary expression. Earlier, the loss factor correlation, , where the user specifies , was the exclusive way of specifying pressure drops in junctions and valves. This means that you can now specify a linear pressure drop correlation, for example, a porous plug or filter.
- Addition of a Y-junction pressure drop, with both loss factor and arbitrary pressure drop specification.
- Addition of an n-way junction pressure drop.
- Added angle tolerance settings under the Advanced section in T-junction and Y-junction to make it possible to adjust the tolerance for the geometry to not being exactly a T or Y.
- Noncritical errors in the geometry for the T-junction will generate a warning when solving and not interrupt the solution as it did before.
- The geometry analysis code for T- and Y-junctions now allows curved segments connecting to a junction.
You can now add arbitrary pressure drop correlations.
Y-junction pressure drops are new features, with both loss factor and arbitrary pressure drop specification.