CAD Import Module Updates
For users of the CAD Import Module, COMSOL Multiphysics® version 5.2a brings updated support for new versions of certain file formats. View the complete list below.
Updated Support for New CAD File Format Versions
The CAD file import and export functionality has been extended to support new versions for the following file formats:
Read From File
- Parasolid® (.x_t, .xmt_txt, .x_b, .xmt_bin) up to V28.1
- ACIS® (.sat, .sab, .asat, .asab) up to R25, 2016 1.0
- CATIA® V5 (.CATPart, .CATProduct) R8-R25, 2016
- Inventor® assemblies (.iam) versions 11, 2008-2016
- Inventor® parts (.ipt) versions 6-11, 2008-2016
- SOLIDWORKS® (.sldprt, .sldasm) versions 98-2016
- AutoCAD® (.dwg) versions 2.5-2016
- AutoCAD® DXF (.dxf, 3D) versions 2.5-2016
Write to File
- ACIS® (.sat, .sab) R4, R7, and 2016 1.0
- Parasolid® (.x_t, x_b) V28.1
A complete list of supported CAD file formats is found in the CAD Specification Chart under the "Read from File, CAD" and "Write to File" sections.
ACIS is a registered trademark of Spatial Corporation. Autodesk, AutoCAD, and Inventor are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries. Parasolid and NX are trademarks or registered trademarks of Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and in other countries. SOLIDWORKS and CATIA are registered trademarks of Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks Corp. All trademarks listed herein are the property of their respective owners, and COMSOL AB and its subsidiaries and products are not affiliated with, endorsed by, sponsored by, or supported by those trademark owners. For a list of such trademark owners, see http://www.comsol.com/tm.