Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Meshing problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everybody,

I am a new user to comsol and I have problems in meshing. It shows out of memory mesh processing. I don't understand what it is. Can anyone help me to solve this please?

3 Replies Last Post Oct 13, 2010, 8:50 p.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 11, 2010, 2:49 a.m. EDT
Hi

Need a bit more info to be able to help :)
could you attach the .mph file?
BR
Kim Folmer Andersen
Hi Need a bit more info to be able to help :) could you attach the .mph file? BR Kim Folmer Andersen

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 11, 2010, 9:21 a.m. EDT
Hi,

I have attached the .mph file. I am trying to simulate its electrokinetic flow and so I used a tetrahedral mesh. But it shows an error saying out of memory in mesh processing. My laptop is 32 bit. Does tat have anything to do with it?
Hi, I have attached the .mph file. I am trying to simulate its electrokinetic flow and so I used a tetrahedral mesh. But it shows an error saying out of memory in mesh processing. My laptop is 32 bit. Does tat have anything to do with it?

Alejandro Rodriguez Perez

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 13, 2010, 8:50 p.m. EDT
Rubaiya,

my desktop is good and still sometimes runs out of memory meshing. Comsol has a very instructive tutorial video about meshing here: www.comsol.com/products/tutorials/

I am sure it will help you create a good and not so expensive mesh.

Alejandro
Rubaiya, my desktop is good and still sometimes runs out of memory meshing. Comsol has a very instructive tutorial video about meshing here: http://www.comsol.com/products/tutorials/ I am sure it will help you create a good and not so expensive mesh. Alejandro

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.