Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Accessing du/dx in general PDE form in comsol 3.5a

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am using the time dependent general PDE form in comsol 3.5a.
Consider a general form with dependent variable "u" in 2D.

I would like to increment the first derivative of u wrt x space direction i.e. du/dx in a ramp loading with time over the whole subdomain

du/dx (t_1) = du/dx(t_0) + constant * t (over subdomain)

where t_1 is next time increment and t_0 is previous time increment.

I found that I do not have access to the du/dx term in the Physics>Equation System> Subdomain Settings.

How to access the du/dx term in the subdomain to increment it in ramp loading with time? Please let me know, how to access this term?

Thanks in advance,
Rakesh

0 Replies Last Post Oct 12, 2010, 1:01 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Rakesh Dhote

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.