Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Is there any way to add resistive heating without using Joule Heating

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello

Even though coupled modules as Joule Heating is a good way to create models I really would like to have the same flexibility as 3.5a

In 3.5a under Pyhisic-> Equating System -> subdomain equating-> variables I can see all post processing data and the equations about them. So I can easily use or modify them for my coupling conditions

Now I am learning 4.0a and I made a model with "Magnetic and Electrical fields" the problem is there is no resistive heating in the post precessing data or no matter what I try I couldnt evaluate it.

I know that there is a node called Electromagnetic heat source but why I need that node and why I cant add this node to the "Magnetic and Electrical fields" module...

And I really would like to see all the equationd that I am using as 3.5a is there anyway to see them

Best Regards

2 Replies Last Post Oct 12, 2010, 7:30 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 12, 2010, 7:15 a.m. EDT

Well finally I found equation view which is hidden well.

There is a small arrow pointing down in the same level as Model Builder. From there one can select show equations

But I still couldnt find a way to evaluate the resistive heating... or couple it with heat transfer module without using joule heating
Well finally I found equation view which is hidden well. There is a small arrow pointing down in the same level as Model Builder. From there one can select show equations But I still couldnt find a way to evaluate the resistive heating... or couple it with heat transfer module without using joule heating

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 12, 2010, 7:30 a.m. EDT
Hi

a search on the forum would have told you, there are two ways to turn on the equations: trough the options/preferences or the little triangle you found on the windowI border of the model tree.

Normally you have the thermal power power density as predefined variable. In certain fields (particularly in the postprocessing) the CNTRL+space open a list of possible variables. Otherwise I always search in the postprocessing variables proposed by the <> icon on the window border.

Last resort integrate the current density times the resisitivity over the active domain

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi a search on the forum would have told you, there are two ways to turn on the equations: trough the options/preferences or the little triangle you found on the windowI border of the model tree. Normally you have the thermal power power density as predefined variable. In certain fields (particularly in the postprocessing) the CNTRL+space open a list of possible variables. Otherwise I always search in the postprocessing variables proposed by the icon on the window border. Last resort integrate the current density times the resisitivity over the active domain -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.