Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Beginner's Question on Phononic band gap calculation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am new student working on COMSOL 3.5a.

I have to calculate the Phononic band gap of 1D and 2D structures with different lattices (square, hexagonal )

I have started going through the tutorials and models , but unfortunately i couldn't find any tutorial models on Phononic band gap calculations.

I googled and got few papers on band gap calculations but they state by linking the MATLAB and COMSOL they have done simulations based on given equations in their papers.

cds.comsol.com/access/dl/papers/3156/Thomas_pres.pdf

can you please suggest some tutorial models on Phononic band gap calculations? or How should i proceed with the tool to attain the band gap?.

can we calculate the PnC band gap using the set of equation in COMSOL 3.5a itself?

with thanks,
Pradheep

2 Replies Last Post Apr 9, 2012, 10:29 p.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 24, 2011, 4:28 a.m. EST
Hi,

I also have a trial version of COMSOL 4.1.

If some one working on Phononic Crystal band gap on COMSOL 4.1, Please help .

with thanks,
Pradheep
Hi, I also have a trial version of COMSOL 4.1. If some one working on Phononic Crystal band gap on COMSOL 4.1, Please help . with thanks, Pradheep

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 9, 2012, 10:29 p.m. EDT
Hi,
have you solved your problem?Recently,i meet the same problem as yours.Could you help me with calculating the Phononic band gap of 1D structures?
Thanks a lot!
Hi, have you solved your problem?Recently,i meet the same problem as yours.Could you help me with calculating the Phononic band gap of 1D structures? Thanks a lot!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.