Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

I cant run comsol 4.0 matlab2010a ubuntu

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello. I have a problem with comsol and matlab. If i am in the directory where i have installed comsol and in a terminal a execute ./comsol , comsol works without problem. The problem comes when I run ./comsol matlab in the terminal, then appears this error in a .log (take a look down)

I think that the problem could be when i define the directory of matlab, I add this line -Dcs.mlroot=/media/CA8E00518E003909/MATLAB_ubuntu to the files comsol.ini and comsolserver.ini where Matlab_Ubuntu is where i have installed Matlab.

Thanks
I use Matlab 2010a and Comsol 4.0
_________________________________________________________________________________

!SESSION 2011-02-08 02:20:18.250 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.6.0_13
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86, WS=gtk, NL=en_US
Framework arguments: -install ../.. matlab
Command-line arguments: -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86 -install ../.. matlab

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2011-02-08 02:20:20.269
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
Exception:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not find bundle 'com.comsol.mli'
(rethrown as com.comsol.util.exceptions.FlException)

Stack trace:
at com.comsol.util.methods.g.d(Unknown Source)
at com.comsol.util.methods.g.c(Unknown Source)
at com.comsol.util.application.ComsolApplication.doStart(Unknown Source)
at com.comsol.util.application.CsBaseApplication.start(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:194)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:368)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:559)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)

0 Replies Last Post Feb 7, 2011, 8:27 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello manuel garcia

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.