Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

convertpre35a

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

This question was raised before, but the answer given was too general. Can someone please give me an example of how to use command comsol convertpre35a? i know i should either enter it from the command line or make an icon, but still I cannot get it to do anything but pop up a COMSOL start window for a second. Any example please? (non is given in the appropriate section of the manual).

cheers

4 Replies Last Post May 4, 2011, 8:17 p.m. EDT
Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 9, 2011, 11:10 a.m. EST
Hi,

It's an option for the comsol command from the command prompt. You pass the directory where the pre-35a models are located and the output directory for the converted model files. In addition, you might need to point out where the 3.5a COMSOL installation is located using the -c35aroot option. Something like this:

comsol convertpre35a -c35aroot C:\COMSOL35a C:\Myoldmodels C:\Myconvertedmodels

This syntax is documented in the COMSOL Installation and Operations Guide, in the COMSOL Command sections.

Best regards,
Magnus Ringh, COMSOL
Hi, It's an option for the comsol command from the command prompt. You pass the directory where the pre-35a models are located and the output directory for the converted model files. In addition, you might need to point out where the 3.5a COMSOL installation is located using the -c35aroot option. Something like this: comsol convertpre35a -c35aroot C:\COMSOL35a C:\Myoldmodels C:\Myconvertedmodels This syntax is documented in the COMSOL Installation and Operations Guide, in the COMSOL Command sections. Best regards, Magnus Ringh, COMSOL

Posted: 1 decade ago May 3, 2011, 6:35 p.m. EDT
Hi,

For the version 4.1, 3.5a COMSOL installation folder does not exist.
How did you manage to point the installation folder?

I am trying to use this command under win32 but it does not work.

comsol convertpre35a -c35aroot C:\COMSOL41 C:\Myoldmodels C:\Myconvertedmodels

And is there a way to convert only one file in that directory?

Thanks,
Damla
Hi, For the version 4.1, 3.5a COMSOL installation folder does not exist. How did you manage to point the installation folder? I am trying to use this command under win32 but it does not work. comsol convertpre35a -c35aroot C:\COMSOL41 C:\Myoldmodels C:\Myconvertedmodels And is there a way to convert only one file in that directory? Thanks, Damla

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago May 4, 2011, 8:18 a.m. EDT
For that command to work, you need to have COMSOL v3.5a on your machine.
For that command to work, you need to have COMSOL v3.5a on your machine.

Posted: 1 decade ago May 4, 2011, 8:17 p.m. EDT
Then how can I open the files older than 3.5? We just got 4.1 this year and I want to be able to open previous versions...
Thanks.
Then how can I open the files older than 3.5? We just got 4.1 this year and I want to be able to open previous versions... Thanks.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.