Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Minimal layer thickness is 0.55 mm???

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

In a 3D COMSOL geometry, I'm trying to create a solid sphere section with different layers of 0.50 mm each but I get a COMSOL error saying "Minimal layer thickness is 0.55 mm"!!!
(I'm trying to simulate composites layers here)

Obviously, there is something wrong...but what?

Thanks.

1 Reply Last Post Feb 23, 2011, 1:59 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 23, 2011, 1:59 a.m. EST
Hi

check your Geometry Node Default relative repair tolerance, the Layer thickness is not allowed to be smaller than the relative ratio given in this variable, you might make this value smaller

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi check your Geometry Node Default relative repair tolerance, the Layer thickness is not allowed to be smaller than the relative ratio given in this variable, you might make this value smaller -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.