Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem with Reaction Moment calculation

Ramin Jaberzadeh Ansari

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I encountered a problem for calculating the reaction moment of a support. I could not attach the file due to the file extention error! However, I attached a screen shot of the object and support.

I am working with a simple 3d solid object, which has a fixed support at one side. I applied force at one point with a specific distance to the support. For reaction force and torque calculation, I integrate over the surface. However, the value for the reaction moment is clearly wrong. I applied a 10N force at 0.3m distance to the support, but I get 1 N.m reaction torque.

I appreciate if anybody can give me any hint in this regard.

Best.
Ramin

1 Reply Last Post Jul 21, 2017, 6:35 a.m. EDT
Ramin Jaberzadeh Ansari

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago Jul 21, 2017, 6:35 a.m. EDT
Updated: 7 years ago Jul 21, 2017, 6:57 a.m. EDT
I found the solution, I have to define a reference point for the torque reaction. Since I cannot delete the thread, I just posted the solution!
I found the solution, I have to define a reference point for the torque reaction. Since I cannot delete the thread, I just posted the solution!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.