Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

inquiry about potential difference

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
I just have a simple question. In the attached figure you can see the TX is connected to two electrodes one is signal electrode, I have assigned a terminal with input current to it, and a ground is assigned to the other electrode connected to the TX. At the Rx we have also two electrodes, I'm supposed to measure the potential difference between those two electrodes. I don't know what physics (i.e., boundaries) I should used at those two electrodes to measure the potential difference between them. In previous study I have used the function at(x,y,z) but this function could be used with or without using those electrodes at RX. I need to get the potential difference for different materials of the electrodes (e.g., copper, aluminum, .. etc.) and check which one is the best. In conclusion, at RX side what physics I should use for those two electrodes?

Kind Regards,
Doaa Ahmed

0 Replies Last Post Jul 21, 2017, 11:15 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Doaa Ahmed

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.