Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Electromagnetic field in an induction motor

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,
I have investigated an induction motor with a cooling system that may use water cooling jacket. Before that, I want to learn about electromagnetic distribution in the eleclectric machine. The machine geometry is attached in this post. Actually, the electromagnetic distribution in the stator and rotor lamination (blue color) is created by three phase stator currents. I try to add magnetic physic in AC/DC to simulate it but failed. So I need useful recommendations and advices from everyone who has experiences on electromagnetic field in the induction motor and its usage in Comsol.
Thank you so much

4 Replies Last Post Jun 19, 2011, 12:48 p.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 23, 2011, 1:56 p.m. EDT
I want to calculation magnetic flux distribution as shown in the attached file. I hope to hear useful recommendations from yours.
Thanks a lot.
I want to calculation magnetic flux distribution as shown in the attached file. I hope to hear useful recommendations from yours. Thanks a lot.

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 30, 2011, 9:31 a.m. EDT
Hi PHAN VAN TUNG.

Post your model with the settings for the magnetic field analysis so that we can understand if there is anything wrong in the set up. Just by reading your message I wasn't able to understand your problem, but would be glad to try giving you a hand.

Regards.
Hi PHAN VAN TUNG. Post your model with the settings for the magnetic field analysis so that we can understand if there is anything wrong in the set up. Just by reading your message I wasn't able to understand your problem, but would be glad to try giving you a hand. Regards.

Posted: 1 decade ago May 6, 2011, 2:58 a.m. EDT
I send a message to you.
Thank you
I send a message to you. Thank you

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 19, 2011, 12:48 p.m. EDT
Dear all,
I built the induction machine geometry in COMSOL 3.5 but i could not get the right distribution of the flux density.
Actually I injected the coils with current density J. Is that right ????
or there is any other way to deal with the three phase source???

Any help, any idea ????

please email me: natheer80@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance

Natheer
Dear all, I built the induction machine geometry in COMSOL 3.5 but i could not get the right distribution of the flux density. Actually I injected the coils with current density J. Is that right ???? or there is any other way to deal with the three phase source??? Any help, any idea ???? please email me: natheer80@yahoo.com Thanks in advance Natheer

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.