Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

help needed for EM thermal co-simulation in COMSOL for Periodic structures

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello Guys:

Greetings! I am trying to investigating the CW power handling capability a periodic structure (such as frequency selective surface) in COMSOL. The way I am doing it is to set up a unit cell of the periodic strucutre in COMSOL. In order to have a periodic EM boundary condition, PEC and PMC boundaries are assigned around the unit cell. The physics module I am using is Microwave heating module (like the microwave owen example). Since I am only simulating one unit cell, ideally there shouldn't be any heat flow between the adjacent unit cells due to the symmetry of the temperature distributions. Therefore, the thermal boundary for the unit cell should be adiabatic (no heat flow).

However, the COMSOL simulation never converges (simulation file attached is this post). I am just wondering if anyboday has any experiences on simulating thermal effects of periodic strucutres. I really appreciate any help that you guys can offer!!

Looking forward to hearing from you

Best
Meng

0 Replies Last Post May 4, 2011, 8:34 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Meng Li

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.