Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problems in computing quality of mixing using boundary integration.

Syed Haider Jawad Abidi

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I am trying to measure the quality of mixing of a micro mixer at a particular boundary. I am not quite sure what should be the expression that I should use for the calculation of the mixing. IN one of the sample models of a micro mixer the expression
(c-c0/2)^2
has been used for the purpose. The result of the outlet is to be divided by the inlet to give a measure of the mixing quality. I have used the same expression but I am not sure what the resulting values are! Is this a percentage of mixing, or the variance n the mixing over the whole boundary?
Regards
Haider

0 Replies Last Post May 16, 2011, 4:36 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Syed Haider Jawad Abidi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.