Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Rotation angles for SC-cut

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I try to simulate a SC-cut quartz resonator.
I use the "Rotation angle method" in the "Coordinate system settings" window to define the orientation but I am a bit confused about the consecutive angles. Should I write 34(x) | 0(y) | 22(z) or -34 | 0 | -22?

Thanks for your help.

Alexandre

3 Replies Last Post Dec 13, 2012, 4:16 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 14, 2011, 4:39 p.m. EDT
Hi

try the coordiante plot possibilities to see the final coordinate orientation. YOu need to at least load your initial conditions to get the plot polulated (no need for a full solve)

Oups sorry that applies for V4, in 3.5 its a pain to check ;), I usually defined a force vector along x,y,z in the new coordinate and checked its direction

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi try the coordiante plot possibilities to see the final coordinate orientation. YOu need to at least load your initial conditions to get the plot polulated (no need for a full solve) Oups sorry that applies for V4, in 3.5 its a pain to check ;), I usually defined a force vector along x,y,z in the new coordinate and checked its direction -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 15, 2011, 3:00 a.m. EDT
Hi Ivar,

Thanks for your help.
Hi Ivar, Thanks for your help.

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 13, 2012, 4:16 a.m. EST

Hello,

I try to simulate a SC-cut quartz resonator.
I use the "Rotation angle method" in the "Coordinate system settings" window to define the orientation but I am a bit confused about the consecutive angles. Should I write 34(x) | 0(y) | 22(z) or -34 | 0 | -22?

Thanks for your help.

Alexandre

Hi, I think the material system should be 34 | 0 | 22. I couldnt figure out why it should be so. But it works.
[QUOTE] Hello, I try to simulate a SC-cut quartz resonator. I use the "Rotation angle method" in the "Coordinate system settings" window to define the orientation but I am a bit confused about the consecutive angles. Should I write 34(x) | 0(y) | 22(z) or -34 | 0 | -22? Thanks for your help. Alexandre [/QUOTE] Hi, I think the material system should be 34 | 0 | 22. I couldnt figure out why it should be so. But it works.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.