Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Modeling Ergun with Brinkman equation ?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am modelling a gas flow through a porous media. The viscosity of the gas depends on the temperature and a source term of gas production (solid conversion) is necessary.

As I am in intermediary regime, I want to use Ergun equation.

For this purpose, I am trying to configure Brinkman equation to obtain the Ergun equation including viscous transport (Brinkman Term).

My questions:
Have someone done this kind of configuration ? (in order to compare my configuration)
Is the expression of the source term in both momentum equation and continuity equation normal ? --> My bibliography shows that most models just include source term of gas production in the continuity equation and not in the momentum equation.

Thank you very much for your help.

Gabriel.

1 Reply Last Post Apr 12, 2012, 5:15 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Gabriel Teixeira

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 12, 2012, 5:15 a.m. EDT
Hi Gabriel,

have you find a solution to your question?
I am also trying to do something similar wit v4.2a.

Regards,
Yalcin
Hi Gabriel, have you find a solution to your question? I am also trying to do something similar wit v4.2a. Regards, Yalcin

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.