Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Import Solidworks file to Comsol

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I am trying to import my Solidworks file(.sldprt) into comsol. But its shows file version is not supported. My Solidworks is 2018 version and comsol is 5.3a.

Please help me to figure it out as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply Last Post Oct 29, 2018, 8:24 a.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago Oct 29, 2018, 8:24 a.m. EDT
Updated: 5 years ago Oct 29, 2018, 8:48 a.m. EDT

Hello,

The CAD Import Module, Design Module and LiveLink for CAD products, version 5.3a, support SOLIDWORKS .sldprt and .sldasm files of versions 98-2017.

The CAD Import Module, Design Module and LiveLink for CAD products, version 5.4, support SOLIDWORKS .sldprt and .sldasm files of versions 98-2018.

See if you can get your COMSOL installation updated to 5.4. If that is not possible, but if you can save the CAD file in a different format, you will find the list of formats and versions of those formats, that are supported by version 5.3a in the documentation (e.g. it's on page 27 in the User's Guide for the CAD Import Module).

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello, The CAD Import Module, Design Module and LiveLink for CAD products, version 5.3a, support SOLIDWORKS .sldprt and .sldasm files of versions 98-2017. The CAD Import Module, Design Module and LiveLink for CAD products, version 5.4, support SOLIDWORKS .sldprt and .sldasm files of versions 98-2018. See if you can get your COMSOL installation updated to 5.4. If that is not possible, but if you can save the CAD file in a different format, you will find the list of formats and versions of those formats, that are supported by version 5.3a in the documentation (e.g. it's on page 27 in the User's Guide for the CAD Import Module). Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.