Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Drawing rotator with parametric curves

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am looking to draw the concentric shells as shown in the uploaded figure, it is a rotator design. I am having difficulty drawing the layers with parametric curves. In polar coordinates , the equation is

r = a * exp( theta/cot(tau/2)) ; where tau = 0.5* (sqrt(t^2+4) -t); and t = rotation angle / log(r2/r1)
where r1 and r2 are inner and outer radii.

with parametric curves I just get straight lines.

Advice and help in drawing the curves ( to construct the layered material is appreciated).

Ref : H Chen and CT Chan,Electromagnetic wave manipulator by layered systems using transformation media concept, PRB 78,054204(2008)

thanks in advance.
supra

1 Reply Last Post Feb 9, 2012, 9:40 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Supradeep Narayana

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 9, 2012, 9:40 p.m. EST
Hello, I have the similar problems. I want to draw a function curve y=a*cos^2(pi*x/b) to get a bump region, but in the parametric curve, I only get some lines.

Details of my setting:
Parametric Curve
Parameter: s
min: 0
max: 1

Expression:
x: s
y=a*cos^2(pi*s/b)

thanks for your time and consideration
Rugang Geng
Hello, I have the similar problems. I want to draw a function curve y=a*cos^2(pi*x/b) to get a bump region, but in the parametric curve, I only get some lines. Details of my setting: Parametric Curve Parameter: s min: 0 max: 1 Expression: x: s y=a*cos^2(pi*s/b) thanks for your time and consideration Rugang Geng

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.