Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

The Reflections of Ultrasound of an Obstacle

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello!

I built a model of acoustic interface which consists of a water domain and there is an obstacle(acrylic) inside. The transducer (PZT-5H) will transmitted a wave and will received it back after it hit an obstacle. I already received back the signal and represented it using point graph. However, there is something that I am unsure about. Can someone tell me whether there will be a reflection from inside of the obstacle? I mean is it supposed to be 2 signals from the obstacle, one from the wall and one from inside?

Thank you.

2 Replies Last Post Apr 16, 2019, 12:35 p.m. EDT
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 5 years ago Mar 19, 2019, 6:35 a.m. EDT

You should see reflections from the other wall, even multiple reflections inside the obstacle. They will be less intense, depending on the ratio of acoustic impedances of water and obstacle.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
You should see reflections from the other wall, even multiple reflections inside the obstacle. They will be less intense, depending on the ratio of acoustic impedances of water and obstacle. Cheers Edgar

Posted: 5 years ago Apr 16, 2019, 12:35 p.m. EDT

Hello Mr. Edgar,

Thank you for the reply. That helped me a lot in justifying my model.

Hello Mr. Edgar, Thank you for the reply. That helped me a lot in justifying my model.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.