Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem with definition of two-variable function

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
I would like to ask a question how to define a two-variable function. I am solving an Induction heating problem using HB curve, I need to use several HB curves depending of temperature of heated material (some specific steel) during the simulation. I have available six measured HB curves for temperatures of 25, 100, 200, 400, 600 and 700 ° C written in table form. I don't know how to call specific interpolation of HB function H=f(B,T) where H is magnetic field, B magnetic flux density and T is temperature. Another way to less accurate soultion may be a definition of some "trigger" to call a exact HB curve when temperature will reach next level (f.e. 25 to 100C and so on). Is it possible? Thank you for responding.

1 Reply Last Post Oct 17, 2011, 11:36 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 17, 2011, 11:36 a.m. EDT
Juraj,

you could switch the functions by using boolean expressions like:

H = H25(B)*(T<=25) + H100(B)*(T>25 & T<=100) + ....

This way it might even be possible to introduce an interpolation between the discrete temperature curves.

Cheers
Edgar
Juraj, you could switch the functions by using boolean expressions like: H = H25(B)*(T25 & T

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.