Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

About The Verification Example of Elastic Wave Propagation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, folks

I need a simple verification example for bulk elastic wave propagation simulation by COMSOL, in order to set up a confidence for other more complicated problems. I've searched for all verification examples of Structrual Mechanics Module of COMSOL, but didn't find any related examples.

Can any one help me by providing this kind of example (published paper or shared slides), either in time-dependent or freq-domain study?

Thanks,

James Wang

3 Replies Last Post Mar 3, 2020, 2:40 p.m. EST
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 5 years ago Sep 30, 2019, 4:47 a.m. EDT

James,

check the application library for the acoustics module too.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
James, check the application library for the acoustics module too. Cheers Edgar

Posted: 5 years ago Oct 2, 2019, 11:12 a.m. EDT

Edgar, thx.

But I'm looking for verification examples regarding Elastic Wave (in solid) instead of Acoustic Wave (in fluid).

Edgar, thx. But I'm looking for verification examples regarding Elastic Wave (in solid) instead of Acoustic Wave (in fluid).

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 4 years ago Mar 3, 2020, 2:40 p.m. EST
Updated: 4 years ago Mar 10, 2020, 3:40 p.m. EDT

Hello James,

COMSOL recently added to our website this page that gathers well over a hundred verification and validation models and their documentation. Models can be filtered by discipline or by module, as well as searched through via a free word search. Filtering for the discipline "Structural and Acoustics", you will find these models, some of which involve the elastic transients of solid deformations.

Best regards,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello James, COMSOL recently added to our website [this page](https://www.comsol.com/verification-models) that gathers well over a hundred verification and validation models and their documentation. Models can be filtered by discipline or by module, as well as searched through via a free word search. Filtering for the discipline "Structural and Acoustics", you will find [these models](https://www.comsol.com/verification-models/mechanical), some of which involve the elastic transients of solid deformations. Best regards, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.