Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Creating a geometry from an ASCII file

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello to everyone:

First of all I apologize because I am a beginner in the use of COMSOL.

I want to create a 2D- axial geommetry. I have a file with the (r,z) coordinates to create the object and I do not know to import this coordinate file into comsol.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you in advance.

2 Replies Last Post Jan 8, 2012, 10:29 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Conrado Ferrera

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 8, 2012, 8:20 a.m. EST
Hi,
have you solved this problem? Recently, I also encounter the similar problem? Could you give me some tips? thanks for your help and guidance.
Best wishes to you and your family.

Hello to everyone:

First of all I apologize because I am a beginner in the use of COMSOL.

I want to create a 2D- axial geommetry. I have a file with the (r,z) coordinates to create the object and I do not know to import this coordinate file into comsol.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you in advance.

Hi, have you solved this problem? Recently, I also encounter the similar problem? Could you give me some tips? thanks for your help and guidance. Best wishes to you and your family. [QUOTE] Hello to everyone: First of all I apologize because I am a beginner in the use of COMSOL. I want to create a 2D- axial geommetry. I have a file with the (r,z) coordinates to create the object and I do not know to import this coordinate file into comsol. Can anyone help me? Thank you in advance. [/QUOTE]

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 8, 2012, 10:29 a.m. EST
Hi, I forgot to close this topic. Sorry!. It is quite easy. I was surprised why comsol can not import these kind of data directy. Especially given that is a program that manages geometries. You must follow the following steps:

1 step: Import your file in AutoCAD.
2 step: Import the autocad file in COMSOL

And that is all what you need to do.
Hi, I forgot to close this topic. Sorry!. It is quite easy. I was surprised why comsol can not import these kind of data directy. Especially given that is a program that manages geometries. You must follow the following steps: 1 step: Import your file in AutoCAD. 2 step: Import the autocad file in COMSOL And that is all what you need to do.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.