Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

New (local) coordinate system

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
Can COMSOL define a new coordinate system or a local coordinate system to define analytical functions? Basically I need to offset an x y z coordinates for my function. In the case where the local coordinate is the same as the global coordinate, the offset coordinates are easy to determine. But in my case, the local coordinates system are rotated at an angle such that these offset coordinates cannot be determined. It will be helfpful if COMSOL has an option that allows us to define the analytical function through a local coordinate ssytem

Thanks.

BW,
EH

1 Reply Last Post Jan 25, 2012, 2:53 p.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 25, 2012, 2:53 p.m. EST
Hi

what if you define a new coordinate system lets say sys2.x sys2.y sys2.z and called your analytical function with the "sys2.x", instead of "x" woudnt that do the job ?

Note be careful if its the material frame X or the spatial frame x (in solid) that you want to refer to

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi what if you define a new coordinate system lets say sys2.x sys2.y sys2.z and called your analytical function with the "sys2.x", instead of "x" woudnt that do the job ? Note be careful if its the material frame X or the spatial frame x (in solid) that you want to refer to -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.