Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Partial Slice Plot

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

When I make a slice plot of a small portion of the model, the multiple slices are big and block the view of the small portion I'm trying to inspect with the slices. Is there a way to crop the slices to improve visibility? Or to make half-plane slices? Or any other easy method to trim away parts of the cut planes that block visibility of the region of interest?

3 Replies Last Post Jan 25, 2012, 4:10 p.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 25, 2012, 3:11 p.m. EST
Hi

you have basically two ways to reduce the amount of data:

a) add a subnode to the the plot: a filter node and then some condition of the type dom = 1 ... or X<0.1 or any combination

b) derive a copy of your data set and add a selection subnode to reduce the number of entities and plot that

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you have basically two ways to reduce the amount of data: a) add a subnode to the the plot: a filter node and then some condition of the type dom = 1 ... or X

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 25, 2012, 3:26 p.m. EST
Thanks. Works. A minor nit. The filter condition results in very ragged edges where the condition trims the planes. Is there a way to fix this?
Thanks. Works. A minor nit. The filter condition results in very ragged edges where the condition trims the planes. Is there a way to fix this?

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 25, 2012, 4:10 p.m. EST
Hi

from my experience only with a finer mesh

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi from my experience only with a finer mesh -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.