Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Mesh Error on a complex geometry

Irving Adrian Alonzo Zapata

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi i'm trying to simulate a porous media with a random close packing, with a porosity of 0.6 My 3D geometry is a cube with spheres inside, i made the difference to simulate the porous, then i made some partitions and i used the mesh control domains. I have 4 errors, Failed to generate mesh for domain -> Failed to respect boundary element edge on geometry face. Failed generate mesh for face -> i need a finer mesh to resolve a singularity in the face parameterization, this error appeared twice Failed generate mesh for face -> intersecting edge elements. I tried to use the virtual operations in orde to solve this mistakes, but i have not succeeded. Someone can help me?

0 Replies Last Post May 14, 2020, 6:43 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Irving Adrian Alonzo Zapata

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.