Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Scattering Vs Impedance Boundary Condition for Plane Wave

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I would like to model a plane wave with its amplitude and propagator. Can I model this using the source field of the impedance boundary condition? If so, do I need to include the propagator in the expression, or I could just input the amplitude of the plane wave?

Thank you. Jose Santos.

1 Reply Last Post May 20, 2020, 1:03 p.m. EDT
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago May 20, 2020, 1:03 p.m. EDT

I suggest you attempt to use the "scattered wave" formalism instead. I don't recall for certain if that was included back in version 4.4, but I think it was. :) (I also suggest that you upgrade to the latest version of Comsol Multiphysics if you can afford to do so.)

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
I suggest you attempt to use the "scattered wave" formalism instead. I don't recall for certain if that was included back in version 4.4, but I *think* it was. :) (I also suggest that you upgrade to the latest version of Comsol Multiphysics if you can afford to do so.)

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.