Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Evaluating a E-Field from a sinusoidal B-Field in comsol

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

I'm currently learning Comsol 4.2a and would like to evaluate the E-field of a system when a sinusoidal B-field is applied to the system. I can currently apply a B-field to the system using the MFNC toolbox in the time domain but this tool box has no method of evaluating the E-fields.

To induce a E-field from a B-field this needs to be done with a time- changing B-field, this why i have done this simulation in the time domain and the B-field is defined by the sinusoidal function at a frequency of 1kHz.

I did try to overlap physics toolboxs, and using the MFNC toolbox to apply the B-field and then applying a MEF toolbox to evaluate the E-fields but i do not get a answer. Does the MEF toolbox need a input? and if this is need how do I input the B-field in this toolbox?

Can the E-fields be evaluated in comsol from a time changing B-field?

0 Replies Last Post Apr 10, 2012, 6:39 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Larry Schmidt

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.