Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Calculate phase delay and amplitude with s-parameters

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Good morning everybody,

my problem consists in a electromagnetic 3D model with 2 ports that are two opposite faces of an air parallelopiped. One of the two port is excited and the electric field travel throught the other port. I obtained ewfd.S21 and ewfd.S11. Now I'd like to plot group delay and amplitude of the field at the second port. How can I compute these two elements?

Thank you!

2 Replies Last Post Feb 1, 2021, 5:23 a.m. EST

Posted: 3 years ago Jan 26, 2021, 8:03 a.m. EST

If you have the s-parameters you should be able to calculate the group delay from them. There are many sites like this on the web:

https://www.microwaves101.com/encyclopedias/group-delay-measurements

For your second question, I am not sure what you want to do here but I would think you could plot field patterns using slice plots? You could also place a line in the structure (kind of an axial line from end to end, not touching the box ends) and make a 1D plot and plot the field strength along that line.

If you have the s-parameters you should be able to calculate the group delay from them. There are many sites like this on the web: https://www.microwaves101.com/encyclopedias/group-delay-measurements For your second question, I am not sure what you want to do here but I would think you could plot field patterns using slice plots? You could also place a line in the structure (kind of an axial line from end to end, not touching the box ends) and make a 1D plot and plot the field strength along that line.

Posted: 3 years ago Feb 1, 2021, 5:23 a.m. EST

Thank you for the informations

Thank you for the informations

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.