Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Rectangle pulse

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hello, everyone, i am a starter here. I want to describe a rectangle pulse, but I don't konw how to implement in comsol.
pulse width: 0.005 ms; frequency: 200 Hz; peak voltage: 300 V
could you tell me the function of this rectangle pulse, thank you very much!

4 Replies Last Post Apr 20, 2012, 9:05 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 20, 2012, 11:44 a.m. EDT
Hi

in V4.2 under Definition Functions you can get a predefined rectangle function with smooth transistions (without overshoot ;) check your right click lists and sub-lists

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi in V4.2 under Definition Functions you can get a predefined rectangle function with smooth transistions (without overshoot ;) check your right click lists and sub-lists -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 20, 2012, 12:18 p.m. EDT
thank you for your reply.
But i only found the pre-defined function for square wave.
In my model, the time for high level voltage is different from the time for low level voltage.
So what should i do ?
thank you for your reply. But i only found the pre-defined function for square wave. In my model, the time for high level voltage is different from the time for low level voltage. So what should i do ?

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 20, 2012, 12:45 p.m. EDT
Hi

then why not combine two "step function one going from 0 1 and the other from 1 to 0 with different transition times and slopes, then you combien them in an analytical function

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi then why not combine two "step function one going from 0 1 and the other from 1 to 0 with different transition times and slopes, then you combien them in an analytical function -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 20, 2012, 9:05 p.m. EDT
thank you very much .
thank you very much .

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.