Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Self and mutual inductance Calculation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am a newbie in Comsol and i am using the version 4.2a right now. I am trying to calculate the self and mutual inductance between 2 coils. i tried to search for different solutions in the forums here but none of the above solve my problem. I can't attach my model here because it is so big so i really appreciate if the person who can help me can mention his email here so i can send the model to him/her and sorry if it takes too long to open or compile.

I am having few problems with it:

1. I can't find the best way to excit the primary coil, i was thinking of creating an air cylinder between the beginning and the end of the coil ( like the tutoriel inductor_3D) and to put a terminal and ground on these endings. is it the best way for my case or is there an easier way to excit the primary coil??

2. To calculate the inductances (self and mutual) , i found in different forums different solutions but what is the best one for my case using the newer version of Comsol and can you please explain it in details because i am a beginner.

3. i am still having a few problems in meshing because i want to separate the meshing of the air gap between the coils from the meshing of the coils

4. I found that M. Ivar Kjelberg is responding to most of the issues here so i really apreciate if you can help me sir

Thanks in advance

Jad TAKI

0 Replies Last Post Apr 24, 2012, 5:00 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jad Taki

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.