Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

More domains generated once elements exceed 32 by 32

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,
I am modeling a panel with 40 by 40 holes. I use Block to get the 3D panel, and use Cylinder and Array to get 40 by 40 cylinders in the panel. But when I define the material properties of the solids, I found one more block solid was generated automatically. I try many times and find that once the numbers of the cylinders exceeds 32 by 32, the unexpected solid domain was then appeared. Therefore, I can not mesh the object once more.
Are there somebody faced this problem before?
I use COMSOL 4.2, this problem bother me for several days, I am looking forward to get help to this.

Thank you very much!

Baofeng

2 Replies Last Post May 17, 2012, 3:55 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago May 17, 2012, 3:31 p.m. EDT
Hi

that sounds strange, I would say it's worth to ask directly "support", as as you suggest it could be some pointer size overrun issues but 32x32 = 2^5*2^5=2^10 << 2^15 ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi that sounds strange, I would say it's worth to ask directly "support", as as you suggest it could be some pointer size overrun issues but 32x32 = 2^5*2^5=2^10

Posted: 1 decade ago May 17, 2012, 3:55 p.m. EDT
to get 40x40 try doing 20x20 first, then union and another array of 2x2
to get 40x40 try doing 20x20 first, then union and another array of 2x2

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.