Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Lumped port

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

Do i have to use some particular dimension when i use a lumped port? I mean do i have to use a particular hport an wport ratio?

Thanks
Nicola

4 Replies Last Post Oct 26, 2012, 3:39 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 25, 2012, 6:00 a.m. EDT

Hi,

check the documentation if you need a user-defined port for your model. In many cases you can use a uniform or coaxial port.

Cheers
Edgar
Hi, check the documentation if you need a user-defined port for your model. In many cases you can use a uniform or coaxial port. Cheers Edgar

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 25, 2012, 7:49 a.m. EDT
I'm using a user-defined option because i'm simulating an inductor that works in AC with a frequency of about 20kHz. So for that reason i use a impadence boundary condiction for the surface on my inductor and i use a lumped port for the current generation. I would like to know if there are some standard dimensions for the lumped port that i need to use or one random doesn't change the final result? for example in my model now i'm using hport=96mm and wport=120mm are they corret or other values are more correct?

Thanks
Nicola
I'm using a user-defined option because i'm simulating an inductor that works in AC with a frequency of about 20kHz. So for that reason i use a impadence boundary condiction for the surface on my inductor and i use a lumped port for the current generation. I would like to know if there are some standard dimensions for the lumped port that i need to use or one random doesn't change the final result? for example in my model now i'm using hport=96mm and wport=120mm are they corret or other values are more correct? Thanks Nicola

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 26, 2012, 2:55 a.m. EDT
answers???
answers???

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 26, 2012, 3:39 a.m. EDT

It depends on your model. The port must be much smaller than the wavelength.
It depends on your model. The port must be much smaller than the wavelength.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.