Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Global coordinates in comsol 6.1

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I have a question about measurement in a deformed geometry / point probes and/or point plots. I would simply like to measure the distance (in the y-z plane only, so disregarding x displacement) between two points in a deformed 3D geometry.

I tried measuring the distance between teh two points in the deformed geometry, but I can only get the 3D distance.

I then tried making a slice, but was not able to use the measurement tool within the slice.

Lastly, I also tried to make a point probe for each of the two locations of interest. However, with this I cannot figure out how to measure their coordinates in the global coordinate system after running the study, either as a point probe expression or simply as a point plot. In the expression field, I found only displacements relative to the initial location.

I am sure this is a very simple question, but I cannot find a direct answer in the user gide. How can I get the global coordinates of these points as outputs?

Thanks very much for your help and patience,

JT

0 Replies Last Post Jun 21, 2023, 6:33 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jane Kelleher

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.