Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Heat gradient of a current carrying coil

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

The structure for the coil is drawn in comsol and all the related parameters are fed.
The substrate is Si and the coil is Copper
The substrate dimensions are 3x4mm Coil dia .3mm and Total length: 5.3mm Included the "Joule heating and thermal expansion" Physics and the study is "Time-Dependent" Referred to an example document of joule heating in Comsol"

However an error pops up during the meshing.
I have made the coil with 5 individual blocks but have made it an union later using boolean function. So this should act as one single unit.
But the error message says "Domain must be bounded by one connected face component only."
Besides , I could not find the Temperature Coupling in comsol 5.6 version. This feature plots the temperature from the Source, Heat Transfer interface is used to evaluate material properties in any feature from the Destination interface.

I have attached images of the simulation structure and the error message. Please let me know the mistake I'm doing while simulating the structure.

0 Replies Last Post Jun 30, 2023, 1:56 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sonia Sarkar

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.