Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Heat transfer in solids and Solid mechanics Coupled Transient analysis

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I am analysing thermal behaviour of machine assembly to get thermal deformation due to environmental temperature variation(Transient analysis). Assembly has two solid parts which are joined by bolts.In between these parts, pair that have considered is Contact pair and this pair is used in solid mechanics physics as a contact pair bounday condition. Rigid connector is used as bolt connection. Pair thermal contact is considerd in heat transfer in solid physics. when I couple these two physics, It is giving error while solving as below

Explicit-Sparse null-space function used. Nonsymmetric matrix found. Step Time Stepsize Res Jac Sol Order Tfail NLfail LinIt LinErr LinRes Explicit-Sparse null-space function used. Explicit-Sparse null-space function used. Explicit-Sparse null-space function used. Explicit-Sparse null-space function used. Warning: New constraint force nodes detected: These are not stored. This only affects the reacf() operator in postprocessing. Explicit-Sparse null-space function used.

Please guide me to fix this problem

Thank you

1 Reply Last Post Sep 21, 2023, 5:59 a.m. EDT
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 months ago Sep 21, 2023, 5:59 a.m. EDT

What you quote is not an error, just a warning stating that reaction forces may be incorrect in postprocessing. This occurs when the set of constraints for some reason changes during the solution.

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
What you quote is not an error, just a warning stating that reaction forces may be incorrect in postprocessing. This occurs when the set of constraints for some reason changes during the solution.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.