Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Study with range of data

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am trying to model the flow rate of water through a part. I want to change the pressure from 50 - 90 psi in intervals of 10 and then save each result into a report. What is the most efficient way to do this? I am assuming I do not have to create a new study for each interval.

I am very new to comsol so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Odette

2 Replies Last Post Oct 18, 2023, 6:51 p.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 6 months ago Oct 18, 2023, 2:57 p.m. EDT
Updated: 6 months ago Oct 18, 2023, 2:57 p.m. EDT

Hello Odette,

It sounds like what you want to do is a parametric sweep. See the Introduction to COMSOL Multiphysics manual for examples.

Best regards,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Odette, It sounds like what you want to do is a parametric sweep. See the [Introduction to COMSOL Multiphysics](https://cdn.comsol.com/doc/6.1.0.357/IntroductionToCOMSOLMultiphysics.pdf) manual for examples. Best regards, Jeff

Posted: 6 months ago Oct 18, 2023, 6:51 p.m. EDT
Updated: 6 months ago Oct 19, 2023, 2:25 p.m. EDT

Thanks Jeff! Another quick question. I want to put a 3D plot group for each interval of the parametric sweep into a report. What is the best way to do this? Currently it seems like I can only add one interval into the report.

Thanks Jeff! Another quick question. I want to put a 3D plot group for each interval of the parametric sweep into a report. What is the best way to do this? Currently it seems like I can only add one interval into the report.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.