Reducing Simulation Time

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm currently using COMSOL to simulate EM waves going through a set of buildings. Everything was going well until I had to add a steel wire mesh to the walls. My simulation time went from ~ 1hr to something around ~20 hours.

Are there any possible errors I can check? Or any way I can simplify my mesh without having to change the 3D models I have? The metal mesh's mesh seems to work normally but the time that it is taking to run the simulation makes me think something is wrong. I have even tried rebuilding the metal mesh and reexporting it, but nothing has changed.

When only modeling the steel wire in the walls of one building, everything works normally, but when I add the rest of the model, without the wire mesh in the other buildings, it takes much longer.

I would like to be able to attach the files for this but I am unable to since this project won't let me. Is the only thing I can do is breaking my model into different subcomponents?

Thanks in advance.

0 Replies Last Post Nov 20, 2023, 1:42 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Kiran Seetala

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.