axial compression of an o ring

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm trying to simulate the axial compression of an o ring between two plates. I'm approaching this problem by taking a 2d section of the o ring.

I'm using the hyperelastic material model for the o ring and using the Mooney-Rivlin model to describe the material. I put the contact between the plates and the o ring, used a auxiliar sweep to simulate the displacement of the upper plate which compresses the o ring.

When the plates starts to come down and hits the o ring, the o ring dissapers and the plate continues to go down. Therefore i don't see any compression of the o ring. I don't even get an error.

Does anyone know where the problem could lie?

Best regards

0 Replies Last Post Jan 22, 2024, 11:09 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Yifei Fu

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.