Elastic deformation and Force analysis

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I'm really new user. I'm trying to solve Elastic deformation of Elastomer which is pushing solid material as well as Force which is applied to solid material by elastomer. So, I set 'Prescribed Displacement' with top surface of Elastomer and prescribed displacement of 10 um toward Z-direction. As well, I set 'Fixed Constraint' woth bottom of solid material. For simulation, I did parametric sweep using 'range(0, 4, 10)' with um unit. However, solurion displays the amount of displacement for Top surface of Elastomer greater than 20 um. I understand it is not easy to say without what I set and ran. However, it might be great help if you guide me any possibility. Thanks.

1 Reply Last Post Feb 8, 2024, 11:25 a.m. EST
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 months ago Feb 8, 2024, 11:25 a.m. EST
Updated: 3 months ago Feb 8, 2024, 11:25 a.m. EST

Hello Sunglin,

When you say "solurion displays the amount of displacement for Top surface of Elastomer greater than 20 um", are you accounting for the scaling applied to the deformations in the plot? See my post in this other thread.

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Sunglin, When you say "solurion displays the amount of displacement for Top surface of Elastomer greater than 20 um", are you accounting for the scaling applied to the deformations in the plot? See my post in [this other thread](https://www.comsol.com/forum/thread/83062/visible-deformations-in-wrench?last=2015-06-23T22:55:03Z). Jeff

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.