Some particles have been removed from the simulation because of a failure in finding the wall intersection

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello!

I am currently working on a project that looks at the movement of microparticles due to the acoustic radiation force arrising from a given pressure field. I am using the Laminar Flow and Particle Tracing Modules to do this, with the flow set to laminar and the particle tracing set to Newtonian. I recognized that this mode makes the model stiff, but the reason I did this was so that I could use the Bounce condition when particles make contact with a boundary. The maximum time step is set to be 0.01, and the base acoustic wave frequency that is being dealt with is about 3 MHz.

My issue is that rather than bouncing off the barrier on contact, particles are being removed from the simulation, which is not ideal. How can this be prevented? Semi-related, is there another condition besides bounce that would keept the particles in and capable of being acted on even after contact with the boundary?

Thanks,

Lucas

0 Replies Last Post Feb 22, 2024, 11:05 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Lucas Gibbons

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.