Defining of new independent Variables and exclusion of thermal insulation boundaries

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I have started using Comsol. Could you help me with two problems?

1. In time-dependent heat transfer problems, I've noticed that the results depend only on time. How can I introduce dependencies on other variables, such as spatial coordinates or newly defined parameters like particle size?

2. I'm working on heat transfer involving both solids and fluids, and I need to model heat transfer from solids to fluids. However, by default, all boundaries are set as thermal insulations. How can I exclude certain boundaries from being treated as thermal insulations?

Please, can you help me?

0 Replies Last Post Mar 19, 2024, 8:13 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Armenuhi Sargsyan

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.