Helical Static Mixer
Application ID: 30961
This app demonstrates the following:
- Geometry parts and parameterized geometries
- Dark theme
- Material appearance visualization with environment reflections
- Report generation for both Microsoft® Word and Microsoft® PowerPoint
- Options for setting different mesh sizes
- Improved graphics visualization by showing/hiding different geometry objects
- Enabling and disabling ribbon items based on the solution state.
Helical static mixers are often used to mix monomers and initiators which then react during a polymerization process. The concentration field is included in the analysis in order to compute the extent of mixing between two streams injected into the static mixer through semicircle-shaped inlets.
The app can be used to estimate the degree of mixing in a system including one to five helical blades whose dimensions can also be varied. The monomers' liquid properties and inlet velocity can also be varied.
This application example illustrates applications of this type that would nominally be built using the following products:
however, additional products may be required to completely define and model it. Furthermore, this example may also be defined and modeled using components from the following product combinations:
The combination of COMSOL® products required to model your application depends on several factors and may include boundary conditions, material properties, physics interfaces, and part libraries. Particular functionality may be common to several products. To determine the right combination of products for your modeling needs, review the Specification Chart and make use of a free evaluation license. The COMSOL Sales and Support teams are available for answering any questions you may have regarding this.